Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I'm new to this group...

  1. #1
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Cool

    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this group, but just wanted to say I have been a Cherie Currie fan since I bought that first Runaways album way back in the mid 70's! I just purchased the Neon Angel book (autographed of course!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and would love to know what Cherie's been up to since the 70's? Sadly I have not kept up with all that she has done in the past 2 decades [img]frown.gif[/img] , but am trying to make up for it now!! I write a column for Bucketfull of Brains magazine out of England even though I am American and live in Florida! Crazy, huh? Bucketfull of Brains is a quarterly mag, and my column is called "DD's Garage" which is a full page in each issue where I review old and new bands releases. Now with that said, I would love to do an email interview with Cherie regarding her entire career (so far). I'm looking forward to future posts, and hopefully chats with Cherie as well as the rest of you great people!! All the best, and Rock On!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!! [img]wink.gif[/img] Im sure you will feel really good interacting with al the awsome CC fans. I hope you get your interview and please please post it for the rest of us to read when you do. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Keep on rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Thanks alma! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'll certainly keep everyone updated about my interview with Cherie if I do indeed get one... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Say alma, how did you first get turned onto Cherie and her fabulous music?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome aboard to the board amusical!

  5. #5
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks charlie!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome amusicalguy!
    You will LOVE it here!!!! We are all like family here and that makes it special.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

  7. #7
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks! I'm sure I will as I have had a blast just cruisin' through the picture galleries already! Cherie sure is a beautiful woman, in fact I'd say she's even better looking now than when she was in the Runaways...and that's saying a lot!!! I love your house Cherie!!!

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi musicalguy!
    Welcome to the Cherie Currie message board!
    I love that photo gallery too. Have you been to Cherie's
    'Chainsaw Chick' web site yet? It's amazing and wonderful
    what Cherie is into nowadays! See ya 'round the CC board!
    Happy posting!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #9
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    Hey there Gus, thanks! Yes, I have been to her other site and not only is Cherie very very beautiful but she is a talented musician and artist as well! Truly amazing creations she makes!! I can't wait to spend more time looking through the sites!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Musical!!

    I first read about The Runways in a couple of "Girls of Rock" publications. Since their name was mentioned in everyone of them and many female artists site them as a main influx i got really really curious. After searching everywhere i found "The Best of the Runaways". A couple of months latter i got ahold of "Live in Japan" and then i was seriously blown away by Cherie's unique and sexy vocal style. The rest is history, to this day i am still fascinated by Cherie as an artist and also as a person (after reading how she survived heaven and **** in Neon Angel). I hope to meet her in person one day ( [img]mad.gif[/img] i was hoping it would happen in spaceland... but noooo!!) Anyhow, once again welcome to the board!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic